Renowned New York Mesothelioma Attorney
Joseph P. Williams is a trusted and accomplished attorney who has represented clients all over the country and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in relief on their behalf. Attorney Williams, in particular, has distinguished himself as a New York mesothelioma lawyer and has successfully handled over a dozen consolidated trial groups of up to ten mesothelioma cases at a time.
Attorney Williams earned his Juris Doctor in 1992 from the Brooklyn Law School, one the most consistently top-ranked law schools in the country. While there, Mr. Williams was an engaged student and member of the law school community, even serving as chairman of the Moot Court Honor Society.
After passing the bar, Attorney Williams served as an assistant district attorney for four years, where he gained valuable trial experience. He later established his own firm and became admitted to practice in all New York state courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Mr. Williams is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court.
REPRESENTING THE INJURED & WRONGED
Mr. Williams now brings nearly 25 years of experience as a lead trial lawyer to the work he does on behalf of clients and their families. He has successfully tried hundreds of cases before New York juries and has become a distinguished advocate for workers across numerous local industries.
Attorney Williams has represented members from nearly every New York union, including:
- PLUMBER LOCAL 1
- SHEET METAL WORKERS LOCAL 28 AND 137
- CARPENTERS DISTRICT COUNCIL
- ELECTRICAL LOCAL 3
- BOILERMAKERS LOCAL 5
- BLASTERS AND LABORERS UNION – LOCAL 29
- STEAMFITTER LOCAL 638
- ENGINEERS LOCAL 14, 15, 30, 94
- LABORERS ASBESTOS AND LEAD ABATEMENT LOCAL 78
- CEMENT MASONS NO. 780
- HEAT & FROST INSULATORS AND ASBESTOS WORKERS LOCAL 12 AND 12A
- ROOFERS LOCAL 8
- DRYWALL TAPERS 1974
- BRICKLAYERS LOCAL 1
- PAINTERS DISTRICT COUNCIL NO. 9
- TILE, MARBLE & TERRAZZO B.A.C. LOCAL 7
- PLASTERERS LOCAL 262
- MILLWRIGHT AND MACHINERY ERECTORS LOCAL 740
- BUILDING TRADES MAINTENANCE DIVISION
- IRON WORKERS LOCAL 40 AND 361
- ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKERS LOCAL 580
- PAVERS AND ROAD BUILDERS DISTRICT COUNCIL NO.1
- ELEVATOR CONSTRUCTORS NO. 1
- TEAMSTERS LOCAL 282 AND 814
- LABORERS LOCAL 79, 8A AND 731
Attorney Williams is also a contributor to the American Cancer Society and the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation and is committed to staying on the forefront of understanding this hazard that affects so many of our New York state professionals and laborers. He has been recognized for numerous industry honors for his work and continues to further his reputation as a premier mesothelioma lawyer in the New York legal arena and beyond.
If you or a loved one has become sick due to their exposure to asbestos, call Attorney Williams’ offices at 855-955-MESO (6376) today.
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBANY, BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (1989)
- BROOKLYN LAW SCHOOL, JURIS DOCTOR (1992)
Awards & Accolades
- MILLION DOLLAR ADVOCATES FORUM®
- MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR ADVOCATES FORUM®
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DISTINGUISHED COUNSEL, 2015
- NEW YORK SUPER LAWYERS, 2012 – 2016
- BBB ACCREDITED
- NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS TOP 100
Associations & Memberships
- THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR JUSTICE
- THE NEW YORK STATE TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- THE NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
- THE NEW YORK COUNTY LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- THE MILLION DOLLAR ADVOCATES FORUM