Mesothelioma Clinical Trials: What You Need to Know
Information from an Award-Winning New York Mesothelioma Lawyer
Our firm understands that for asbestos exposure victims battling mesothelioma, approved treatment options can be limited and easily exhausted. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may benefit from participating in mesothelioma clinical trials, which provide otherwise unobtainable access to alternative treatments. These trials can offer many benefits but also come with inherent risks.
As you are faced with making critical decisions regarding your health care, our compassionate and knowledgeable New York City mesothelioma attorney can handle your legal needs to ensure that you get the financial compensation you need and the justice you deserve. If you or a loved one is facing a mesothelioma diagnosis, The Williams Law Firm, P.C.is ready to speak with you.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with us, fill out our online form. We represent clients all over the United States.
The Benefits of Mesothelioma Clinical Trials
While there is currently no known cure for mesothelioma, new and promising treatment methods are continuously being developed by innovative physicians and industry leaders using some of the most advanced technology available. If you have exhausted the approved mesothelioma treatment options or you are a new patient seeking the most cutting-edge care, it might be beneficial to explore enrolling in a clinical trial.
Participating in a mesothelioma clinical trial will help you obtain:
- Exclusive access to state-of-the-art developmental procedures
- Specialized personal care from leading mesothelioma specialists
- Access to a variety of alternative treatment options that can better suit your needs
Mesothelioma Clinical Trial Considerations & Risks
Participating in mesothelioma clinical trials is a personal choice that should not be made lightly. Before enrolling, you should consider:
- The potential health risks — Clinical trials provide no guarantee that the treatment you receive will be effective, and there is also a possibility that negative side effects can be harmful to your health.
- The financial costs — Depending on the specifics of each clinical trial, you may be responsible for a portion of the expenses if the treatment requirements are not fully or partially covered by insurance.
- The impact on your daily life — Some clinical trials may require traveling to receive treatment, time-consuming administering, or a lengthy recovery period.
Your mesothelioma oncologist can help you determine how best to proceed with any clinical trial options that are available to you. Our firm can also answer questions about the legal implications associated with any change in your current course of treatment.
Don't hesitate to pursue the financial compensation you deserve. Call us at (855) 971-0343 today.